Tuesday, November 20, 2007

World Children's Day

I was scheduled off for World Children's Day (today), but went in to get my paycheck anyhow. My store had a local Tucson radio station doing promotion outside the restaurant, with a very, very, very cute afternoon DJ working presenting food in the Drive Thru. That was incredibly special. Much better than the neo-slacker, Jamaican-flag-colored-hat-wearing bearded production assistant and the butter-face production assistant manning the booth outside the restaurant with a little spinny wheeley thing with prizes ranging from a radio-station ball-point pen, to free coffee Be Our Guest cards. Hopefully it drew some attention, and I heard the other radio stations in town were speaking heartily about the McDonald's World Children Day effort as well.

The owner of my restaurant, and 4 others in town, offered $0.10 per $1.00 donation that crew garnered from our customers. One of my staffers, a very gregarious woman named Jamie who is just fabulous had 240 at last count (that was a couple days ago, as I had the past 3 days off). She's going to love the bonus she gets on her paycheck. I believe our store out of the 5 our owner owns did the best. I have to believe that, because we've got some serious, dedicated, professional rockstar crew members interacting with our customers. Not all of them, but most.

My boss, the owner of my restaurant, is a phenomenal man. He truly has this phenomenal sense of thankfulness for the McDonald's opportunity, and it's rubbing off on me, in the few interactions we have together. This Thanksgiving, I'm certainly going to list the McDonald's opportunity and all the brightness that the future holds for myself and those around me within McDonald's' opportunity for success.

No comments: