Thursday, December 13, 2007

12-13! My birthday!

Happy birthday to me!

I'm 27 years old today. My amazing wife helped to make it phenomenal.

The kids and Nicole woke me at something like 6 to wish me happy birthday and give me presents! Awesome!

I got some nice shirts, a fatty box of chocolate, a really nice, solid steel watch (W00t!) and a $20.00 Gift Certificate to Bookman's. Bookman's is a used book/music store that also has a miniature selection of video games, all at awesome bargains. We have probably spent $1000.00 in Bookman's in the past two years, and today was the first time I ever used Bookman's to it's fullest potential. They have listening chairs, and allow you to read books before you buy them and such. So I sat down with the "O Brother Where Art Thou?" soundtrack and a nice reggae compilation and rocked out while reading most of an entire book of short stories about Warriors in fantasy stories by authors under the DAW publishing label. Awesome!

I came home and my wife greeted me in the best way, and we spent a wonderful afternoon together. After a nap, we picked the kids up and went to a fatty steak restaurant called Pinnacle Peak, and watched a Cowboy/Christmas stunt show. Awesome!

I intend to relax a bit, and read about a quarter of one of the books I got today, and my day has just been stupendous. This is the best birthday I can remember, all thanks to my wife being awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BABY, SORRY TO HURT YOUR FEELING BUT YOUR ONLY 27 NOT 28 THATS NEXT YEARS BIRTHDAY. :)

mrschroeder13@gmail.com (Michael Schroeder) said...

I edited it to fix. The kids have aged me beyond my years.