Wednesday, November 14, 2007

First Shift

My store manager just returned from a week+ long vacation.

While he was gone, it had been communicated clearly, I would run the store on the days I was working, and the days I was off, the current Assistant Manager would be running the store.

One of the swing managers, Jy. did not get this concept. The very first day in fact, she screamed and yelled at me.

We were short-staffed when I showed up at 7 AM, and I asked her to work Drive Thru order taking and cashier. She spent 15 minutes arguing with me about how she should be running the shift, until finally I gave up on the situation and said "Listen, later this morning, J. (our Operations Manager for the company) will be here. He can explain the dynamic to you a bit more clearly." So J. did have to show up later on, because we ran out of sausage.

Now, I'm trying to run the store and work Drive Thru, and it's possibly the worst spot I could be in, while also trying to cover shifts for two no-call-no-shows, and Jy. who screamed about how she was in charge, comes up to me and says "We've got 10 pieces of sausage left, what do we do?" I asked her when she knew we were running low on sausage. She told me that she knew at 4:30 this morning, during the open.

?!??!!?!?!??!??!?! Are you kidding me ?!?!??!??!??!??!??!?!?!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG you are kidding me! she knew and didn't call another store to get the sausage?!! the store can be run from any position but in Drive thru your asking for trouble. Sheesh.... I don't know how things run in your company but in mine she'd be suspended for a week for that stunt.

Anonymous said...

Wow Hard Day hun................We all have them ,but they make you stronger