Wednesday, February 20, 2008

High Power.

I'm a high power kind of guy. I move alot, I do alot, I identify many tasks and delegate my ass off. That leads to me having to follow up a ton and deliver feedback all day long. I also have my own responsibilities that are delegated to me. My customers consume much of my attention and energy, almost as much as my crew do.

I was asked the other day if I'm "always this hyper" by someone. I'm really not hyper. Hyperactive implies a certain lack of control to the force with which one focuses and then refocuses on things around them. I'm passionate, and powerful. Absolutely, not hyper, because my attention is directed, focused like a laser beam, and quite deliberately moving all the time, to ensure that I'm taking everything in and getting everything taken care of. There's quite the difference.

Yesterday, I went to ServSafe class, and tested for certification. I'm confident about 89 of my 90 answers, and about 75% confident about the one I'm not certain of. I can't remember what the question was, but I remember feeling just a little unsure when I answered one of the questions.

Overall, the ServSafe class was pretty solid. Nearly all the topics covered in the test were covered in the class, I sat next to B., the Assistant Manager of one of our stores, and the sister-in-law of my O/O. She's a solid individual and had some good questions, and some great answers. We had lunch on the corporate credit card, nothin' fancy, the bill between B., another B. from my store, and myself was probably $25. But, we had some conversation and it was good. Again, she's a real solid individual and I'd love to get an opportunity to work with her.

I'm working on getting some solid individuals in our store, and removing two of the weaker elements, which is the staffing goal for every month for our entire organization. The hardest part is identifying who our two weakest team members are. I actually know who they are, and they're both managers.

No comments: