Thursday, February 14, 2008

Another Great Day!

So I woke up and was very, very tired. I've got this horrible pain in my sinuses and upper lungs. So do something like 1 in 1,000 Tucsonans. It's not really stopping me, but I am tired as hell, in general.

I met S., a new trainer who works for the guy who owns my McDonald's and 4 others in Tucson, with a growing collection of McDonald's restaurants. She was a phenomenal, positive person. It was a blast meeting someone with a passion for what they do. She's also one hell of a thorough trainer.

Throughout the day, which I arrived for at 9:30, I just felt a happy and fun day coming on - most of my days are. Right from the start, she was clear and presented well. She seemed like a solid individual. In return, I presented well and followed up with an exceptional performance during lunch. Our lunch started out with S. and myself in the Production Area, where S. discovered an issue with our grills, and with a quick text message or two and a phone call, she had three guys there tearing our grills apart and making them work on the hot-damn double!

Right at the tail end of this, B. called up to me and had a bit of panic in his face and voice said, "Mike I need your help up here!" I looked around where I was, saw that I was not crucial to the situation, told the team I was going to the Service Area and I assessed. There was a deep line in our Drive-Thru, a deep line at our Front Counter, one cashier, one presenter and B. doing fries and taking orders in DT, with no one to run. Within 45 seconds the situation was well in hand. I got someone on fries, asked S. to take orders on Register 2, and I had assembled about 15 orders in 3 minutes. What a great time!

Later, S. told me something that made me pretty proud, as already I respect this person's opinion. She said, "If I came in, just came in to your store, I would have thought you were the store manager." Hell yeah, cause that's how I roll.

I am driven to succeed and exceed in as much as I can in my life in small part because I love to have praise, which for me directly translates into an ego boost. My confidence is pretty arrogant.

No comments: