Wednesday, March 5, 2008

BSM

Basic Shift Management is the first of a handful or so of accreditations in the McDonald's store management universe. I will be attending BSM classes in Tucson, next week from March 11 - March 13. To say that I am excited is an understatement. I love social engagements, especially ones that center around learning processes and demonstrating knowledge. This will be phenomenal.

In the meantime, I took a pre-class assessment test today, one in which I had to pass to attend class. I believe I passed, but not very well, at all. My problem is numbers.

Times, temperatures, ratios (what exactly is the pepper to salt ratio of the McDonald's grill seasoning?) - that's exactly what the core of this class and certification is about. I'm having severe difficulty with it because of my numeric dyslexia. It's not a joke and is very difficult to live with, especially when it comes to recalling numbers correctly.

So, I'm going to do phenomenal in class, even though I have severe difficulties with the primary focus of the class. I have a plan. Monday, I am going to cram as hard as I can, and cram the information into my head, as well as sit with all the times and temps on a sheet of paper next to me, to keep them fresh and in front of me during classes (and to maintain the cramming process throughout a 3 day class). However, I'm knowledgeable about operations, management in general, the McDonald's processes for management from the Crew Trainer position on up to the Store Management functions that I put to use daily.

There's an award called, I believe, the Golden Hat award during BSM classes. It's awarded to the most helpful, involved person attending the class. I'll probably receive it, as I've been told by 3 or 4 people.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've taken BSM classes before, but is having a hard time locating my certificate. Do you know where I could obtain a copy?

Anonymous said...

I previously went thru the BSM class and transfered from Franchise to McOpCo. How do I obtaine a copy of my certificate? Please email me back @ amanda.enriquez@ymail.com

michelle thomas said...

I have also was certified as bsm Iwould like to obtain my certificate

Anonymous said...

Hi. i just started reading your blog. i was once also a McD manager here in the Philippines. I attended BSM, ASM and EMP before i settled down and stopped working. just a quick question, i just thought that in BSM, it is bronze hat. in ASM,it's silver hat and in EMP it's gold hat. correct me if i am mistaken. By the way, i enjoyed your blog! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get my bsm certificate but not sure what is the website or phone number I call.. need help

Anonymous said...

im trying to get my certicates where do I go to get them please help me

Anonymous said...

How do I get a copy of all the classes I have completed

Unknown said...

How do I get my certifcate or a reference paper

Joshua Worth said...

I'd also like to know how to obtain certificate or classes completed verification

Anonymous said...

Bsm is green hat

Unknown said...

I will like to get my obtain my bsm certificate from McDonald's how do I get it

Anonymous said...

PLEASE HELP, How do I obtain all my training dilpomas/certificates and records of my training from mcd? Need it badly and I know my previous employer is stingy smh. Im desperately trying to get a new job and need all my records. How do I get them????? Please help, thank you

Unknown said...

How do I get a copy of my bsm and asm certificate for McDonald's

Unknown said...

How do I get a copy of my bsm and asm certificate for McDonald's

Unknown said...

I need a copy of all my classes I took for McDonald's manager