Monday, March 10, 2008

Positivity, Revisted.

In December, in a post entitled "Positivity", I discussed my store manager's actions, and some of his unprofessional behaviors. I have to say that I have seen this man grow in his actions and deeds, by leaps and bounds. I feel I've had a strong hand in assisting his growth, by communicating with the whole management team and delivering whole-hearted my "share of the bargain" - that is, demonstrating the behaviors I wanted to see out of the other managers.

In that post a long 3 months ago, I railed against B.'s "take, take, take" attitude (among a few other behaviors). After discussing with him in a really informal setting on a few different occasions, my views on professionalism, strong management and what it takes to be the best you can be every day of your life, I know I've had an effect on him, if only to advise him of and demonstrate to him, what he should be doing. B. now is willing (and damn capable!) of sharing his experience and knowledge with people, most recently 3 to 4 of our newest Management Team members, including myself. He's delivering on the guarantee of QSC much more than he ever was in my first 2 months that I worked with him. It's phenomenal to see a person delivering on his potential, not only to his colleagues but to himself.

-

Tomorrow, I start my BSM classes. I'm excited as hell, am totally prepared for it, and will be looking forward to the Golden Hat award. In other news, I was talking with P., the owner/operator I work for, and in an effort to express to him how excited I am every day about my opportunity to work for him and McDonald's, I told him about my blog. I didn't send him an email link to it, but wanted him to work for it. Leave a note if you read this, and give me some feedback, P.

1 comment:

A.R Ford said...

Hey I love this Blog, I myself work @ McDonald's although not yet manager, but next in Line I am in training I have a host of questions .. but I love the blog keep posting I'll keep reading....