Thursday, May 22, 2008

Short Operations Review - Breakfast Day Part

Last Saturday morning we had our first visit from a McDonald's representative (I'm honestly not sure of his title), who gave our store a S.O.R., partly based on the execution of Breakfast Optimization - which we started just two days before. Yes, two days before, which was also free Southern Style tasting day. That was fun! I got out of it due to a previously mentioned recovery from a norovirus experience.

Which means I arrived to my first shift after ASM training, which was also the day of an S.O.R., to learn the Breakfast Optimization system - breakfast really isn't my strong point (it's an opportunity in fact, specifically breakfast grill). So it was a slightly stressful day.

Also, the Director of Operations threw a ton of negative at us, in many small ways. I don't know if it was his own expression of his stress, but he really was sharp tongued about quite a few things. It was pretty unnerving, I try not to subject myself to negativity, and I think he was being a bit unfair on most of it. We scored a 92.5% on the S.O.R. We missed a few procedural points, some really dumb shit that no one really even knew was a procedure, like using rubber trivets under the aluminum thermal pots, UHC liner paper in the Burrito drawer of the UHC, 3 or 4 really stupid little details like that.

On Service, which I completely ran and owned nearly all the time the S.O.R. went on, service scored a 99%, and I was written up for doing an "exceptional" job running the store by our Rep, B. and for how I filled the role of an Ambassador of Hospitality. My service team has got it's stuff down. I owned that store, and made sure I used my lot and lobby person (we had so many people floating around) for the store's benefit that it too was mentioned by B. in his S.O.R. review. My Presenter E. rocks. He pwns the Drive Thru. I think there was a swing manager at Front Cash, someone who did a passable job throughout. They all rock, my maintenance guy the most.

I like praise, and it was three days later that I learned of what the review said. It was the only positive feed back that I had heard, well after the fact. Pretty good stuff, considering I thought from the way the D.O. was carrying on a non-stop stream of negative feedback during that day. We got a 92.5% not bad when all we lost points on was some details (and dry scrambled eggs).

5 comments:

PapaScott said...

The SOR is an unannounced visit, right? For us it is, and our next one should be coming any day now. Anything in the 90's is good, so congratulations!

mrschroeder13@gmail.com (Michael Schroeder) said...

Well, for our area there's an annual announced S.O.R., an announced F.O.R. (Full Operations Review), and one unannounced S.O.R.

Good luck with yours Scott.

mark said...

what is SOR

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing out this content it are really fastidious. wendys job application

Cleaning Company Dubai UAE said...

Planting season Cleaning each of our primary target is good quality of Cleanup Services and Customer happiness. We often providing 100% confirmed services. Our Products are Uk speaking hence the customers can connect to them quickly. Their zero Communication gap involving them in an attempt to meet your customer’s requirement is often a hassle no cost job. No matter if it’s a new onetime cleanup or standard cleaning services were providing a new deep cleanup services also to the apartments, villas, non commercial spaces, office buildings etc. cleaning services